Educate Girls, a nonprofit organization based in India, is empowering women in rural India through increased access to quality education to cut gender inequality. Educate Girls is also the first nonprofit or any organization in India to use Social Impact Bonds to proliferate pay for success as a model for delivering a measurable and sustainable social impact. Continue reading Educate Girls
Impact investing in India is the largest in South Asia and second in the world according to a report published in May 2016, titled A decade of impact investing in India. Impact investing or impact capital’s mission is to create a positive social impact related to social or environmental cause along with a financial return. Impact capital has a dual goal, blended, between social (first priority) and financial return. Continue reading Rise of Impact Investing in India
Buddha “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
It is very heartening that Mr. Modi is taking a very moderate and middle path between the US and China as a foreign policy. The relations between China and India go back to more than 2000 years considering the cultural ties between the two countries. Continue reading One for China & India: Mr. Modi& President Xi
Ant Financial backed by Jack Ma of Alibaba fame was recently valued at $150bn in a venture capital round, making it one of the most exciting and creative fintech start-up companies in the world. Ant Financial owns Ali Pay, one of China’s largest payment platform. According to an article published in Seeking Alpha, China leads in mobile payments with estimates at $5.5tr and strides over any other country in the world. Jack Ma is also one of the biggest philanthropists in the world and a bellwether philanthropic entrepreneur icon for China. Continue reading Jack Ma, Rise of Digital Payments, China, India and Paytm
It seems the underlying idea of funding in the Infrastructure bill proposed by President Trump is based on Pareto Principle. The proposal caps funding by federal government to 20% and requires states, cities, and municipalities to fund the remaining 80%. In terms of business parlance, Pareto Principle implies that 80% of the business comes from 20% of clients.
The only problem with this rule is that it should have been implemented the other way. The funding of the infrastructure project should have been 80% by the federal government and the rest from the cities etc. Continue reading Who is going to fund Infrastructure Bill ?
Kurtosis is a measure used in statistics to measure weight in the tails. A normal curve with a mean of zero has a kurtosis of 3. Kurtosis in simple terms measures outliers in a distribution of data sets. Continue reading Kurtosis: Are you an outlier?