“I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing” Socrates
Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) online course is renamed as Essentials of Investment Management.
The series is written as an academic educational story, loosely inspired from the book Capital Ideas by Peter Bernstein. One of the most exciting books written within the investment management parlance, the book discusses how portfolio management, risk and valuation evolved on the Wall Street. The book captures the role of various actors within the business ecosystem economists, statisticians, mathematicians’ technicians in understanding and quantifying asset pricing. This course focuses on single factor Capital Asset Pricing Model.
The Online Course has the following topics.
Introduction to Risk: Meaning & Quantification
Discuss CAPM Model in depth
Efficient Market Hypothesis
Markowitz Model & Efficient Frontier
Capital Asset Line
The Security Market Line
Risk Adjusted Returns
The course has online learning videos, solved questions, an excel practice session using solver function to derive mean variance portfolio, worksheet excel sheet and quizzes. The series is a remake of the educational YouTube video of CAPM uploaded on The middle Road YouTube channel.
This online course does not cover multifactor models. It is also good to read about Fama French 5 factor model. Check out free sample lesson on this topic.
Get a certificate of completion from The middle Road.
The time to complete this online course could vary from 30 to 45 hours.
- Capital Ideas Peter Bernstein
- Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management Frank Reilly/ Keith Brown
- Aswath Damodaran Investment Valuation
- Options, Futures and Other Derivatives Hull/Basu
- Random walk in stock market prices, Eugene Fama
- Harry Markowitz Portfolio Selection
- LOUIS BACHELIER ON THE CENTENARY OF THEORIE DE LA SP´ECULATION
- Liquidity preference as behavior towards risk James Tobin
- Problems in selection of security portfolios Michael Jensen
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model Andree Perold